Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Legwarmers and Other Things

One of my future knitting projects will be legwarmers, the only 80s wear I would consider. Alas, I have no pattern yet for these muy caliente legwarmers. But one day, dammit! There's no way I am paying someone else $100 when I can make them.

Nevertheless, Chocosho, this online store that features "maverick designers," had some other neato products that a whiz-girl knitter (or crocheter) might tackle. How about crocheted doily collars? Or crocheted earrings? It doesn't look knit or crocheted, but it involves yarn and I bet even a novice like me could come up with one of these flower brooches.

Or, for Valentine's Day, someone could surely crochet me a few of these heart brooches? From NY-based CUT + PASTE, I know what I'm crocheting right after I become an expert knitter.